Friday, August 24, 2007

Thank You Tom

I wish to thank Tom Hill for running a positive campaign focused on educational issues. Below is a letter he sent to The Olympian on Aug. 22.

"I wish to thank those who voted and expressed their confidence in my ability to represent in the race for Olympia School District Position 4 Director. The time spent, along with those who I enjoyed interacting with, combined with the opportunity to hear from parents from all areas of the community has assisted in deepening my understanding of the heart felt concerns many parents feel for an open and response School Board. This has been a valuable experience for me.

As we move on to the general election in November, I encourage all of us to be willing to come along our schools, the educators, the administrators and to partner with them to enable our children to be all they are might to be.

Because of the important issues facing the district, difficult policy questions, budget restraints, and the need to establish priorities, I feel we need an individual who has the background, the experience and understanding of those issues to represent us.

The current School Director, Carolyn Barclift has that experience. Carolyn Barclift desires to hear from those who support her, but equally from those who have different points of view. For the position of Olympia School Director Position 4, I encourage you to support Carolyn Barclift.

Tom Hill"